We sleep for a third of our lives. Have you ever wondered how you might make better use of that time? Over this 2 day weekend retreat Hay House author and co-creator of “Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep” Charlie Morley shows us how to dream lucidly, sleep deeply and to train our minds to engage meditation all while we’re sound asleep.
Training in Lucid Dreaming enables you to:
- engage the innate healing potential of the dreaming mind
- discover a world of inner meaning and potential by unravelling the mystery of dreams
- prepare yourself for the practice of dream yoga
- sleep mindfully, ‘wake up’ in daily life and nurture spiritual and psychological awakening.
Charlie’s teaching style for retreats is fun and lively and has evolved into a more practical and interactive form than ever before with the addition of music, mindful movement and interactive exercises which all serve to deepen the learning experience. Retreat participants have the opportunity to engage in optional group dreaming sessions throughout the night in which Charlie guides the group into each dream period with a specific technique.
The retreat will also include an overview of the history, science and practice of lucid dream from both the Western psychological and Tibetan Buddhist traditions, instructions on how to maintain awareness into and out of sleep, recognition of illusion and, of course, teachings on learning ‘how to lucid dream’.
Watch these online videos for more information:
- SABC documentary on The Lucid Dreamer
- Exploring Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep
- Watch Charlie describing what actually happens on a retreat
- TED Talk: TEDxSanDiego 2011 – Charlie Morley – Lucid Dreaming, Embracing Nightmares
Charlie’s website: www.charliemorley.com
Introductory Talk/Book Launch and Signing by Charlie Morley
Date: Thurs 21 August 2014
Time: 5.30pm – 7.00pm
3-day sleep over retreat (daytime-only also possible):
Date: Fri 22 – Sun 25 August 2014
Time: Friday 5:30pm – 7:00pm, Saturday and Sunday: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Re-convening 9pm for the dream practice (Fri & Sat)
Venue: KSDH, 7A Ernies’ Lane, Monavale (off Quendon Rd / Lyndhurst Rd)
Cost: $25.00 per day (or donation) – Bring and share lunches
For booking details and additional info, contact Sabina at 304202 or 0775554455 or email the KSDH office at Rokpa [at] zol .co.zw
Find us on Facebook: Kagyu Samye Dzong Harare