Kagyu Samye Ling Zimbabwe (Harare Buddhist Centre) has a BARDO GROUP formed by dedicated Buddhists. As Buddhists we believe in karma and in a continuous cycle of rebirths until we reach enlightenment. When our present life comes to an end, we enter the bardo, the intermediate state between this death and our next rebirth. Both dying and our passage through the bardo are difficult stages in the cycle of rebirths. Hence the BARDO GROUP endeavours to spiritually support the dying and the deceased with prayers and pujas (ritual practices).
The objectives of the Harare Buddhist Centre Bardo group
- To deepen our understanding of the dying process and of the passage through the bardo.
- To deepen our understanding of how to specifically prepare for our own death.
- To offer spiritual support to fellow sangha members during the dying process.
- To offer spiritual support to members – and to their loved ones
– Immediately after their death
– During their time in the bardo.
- To assist with arranging:
– Buddhist funeral ceremonies
– Buddhist re-birth ceremonies.
If you would like more information, please contact the coordinator, Kala Antao on Kala.antao [at] gmail.com