REGARD JOINING THE RETREAT AS AN ACT OF COMPASSION TO YOURSELF
Retreats offer us ‘time out’ from our busy, often stressful lives, to ground ourselves in our meditation/mindfulness practice. The peaceful seclusion and mountainous setting of Susurumba, Nyanga, assists in the process of allowing our busy, distracted minds to settle, allowing our deeper energies of kindness, compassion, wisdom and clarity to reveal themselves. Retreatants can find solace and a deeper inner peace through meditation, taking breathtaking walks, swimming in the clear mountain dams, etc.
While there is now limited cell phone reception at Susurumba, we recommend that you keep your cell phones turned off – you are, after all trying to get away from the bustle of everyday life. If you must use a cell phone – even for SMS – we request that you do so in the privacy of your room/ tent and not in the public spaces. While in the shrine room or dining room, they must be switched off.
- The retreat will go ahead subject to there being no restrictions in place due to high levels of COVID.
- Please note that due to COVID numbers will be limited.
- Please forward to Pam on email@example.com or whatsapp +263772404129 valid COVID vaccination certificate.
- If you have not been vaccinated, a rapid COVID test 48 hours before start of retreat is a requirement. Please forward this on to Pam.
For further information about the retreat please contact Dave Sheehan at zimsheehans [at] gmail.com or phone/whatsapp Dave on 0772317424
WHAT TO BRING:
2. Raincoats/umbrellas (it can rain at Nyanga at any time of the year)
3. Torches/headlamps & spare batteries (very important); solar lights are helpful
4. Toiletries/bath soap. Hand washing powder if you need to do personal laundry
5. Comfortable walking shoes (plus optional CROCS?)
6. Loose, comfortable clothing
7. Warm clothing plus wraps for when sitting in the meditation room (tracksuits, extra socks)
8. Hat & sunblock cream
9. Notebook and pens
10. Swimming costumes (lovely refreshing mountain dams and small swimming pool).
11. Personal meditation cushions and mats if needed (there are cushions available at the retreat centre)
We offer hearty vegetarian and vegan cuisine** – participants may be asked to assist by bringing some prepared food and tea time treats. The main meal is at lunchtime with soup and bread in the evening. Breakfast consists of yoghurt, eggs, fruit, porridge, cereals, toast and jams.
**Unfortunately, we are unable to cater for any other dietary requirements, nor personal requests to the cook on duty. The existing kitchen is very limited space-wise, so is a NO ENTRY area for retreatants. If you have any specific dietary requirements, we request that you please bring these items with you. . Thank you for your understanding in this regard.
A financial contribution to the support staff at the end of the Retreat would be appreciated.
There is a small shop at at the retreat centre which sells items such as incense, spiritual books (a good selection), prayer flags, malas and other trinkets. Please come with some extra cash!
A note about the cabins
As these structures are wooden we ask that you do not use candles or smoke in the cabins. We also request that you do not use any heating apparatus ie hairdryers, heaters etc. These will cause the power to trip. It is fine to plug in computers, phones etc.
Please note that there is no Wifi available at the Retreat Centre but Edge and 3G can be found around the Centre if you climb a mountain
For more information please contact Dave on firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp Dave on 0772-317424