Regard joining retreats as an act of compassion to yourself.
Retreats offer us ‘time out’ of our busy, often stressful lives, to ground ourselves in our meditation/mindfulness practice. The peaceful seclusion and mountainous setting of Susurumba, Nyanga, assists in the process of allowing our busy, distracted minds to settle, allowing our deeper energies of kindness, compassion, wisdom and clarity to reveal themselves. Retreatants can find solace and a deeper inner peace through meditation, taking breathtaking walks, swimming in the clear mountain dams, etc.
‘Susurumba’, Juliasdale, Nyanga (immediately behind Pine Tree Inn which is approximately 70kms from Rusape – one takes the Pine Tree turnoff, follows the driveway through to this hotel and just after the boom one branches left to go behind the hotel buildings). Follow this driveway for +- 1 km keeping to the left hand side.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bedding (remember Nyanga can be quite cold –especially early mornings), pillows, bath towel
- Raincoats/umbrellas (it can rain at this time of the year)
- Torches/headlamps & spare batteries (very important)
- Toiletries/bath soap. Hand washing powder if you need to do personal laundry
- Comfortable walking shoes (plus optional CROCS?)
- Loose, comfortable clothing
- Warm clothing plus wraps for when sitting in the meditation room (tracksuits, extra socks)
- Hat & sunblock cream
- Notebook and pens
- Towels and swimming costumes (lovely refreshing mountain dams and small swimming pool).
- Personal meditation cushions/mats/blankets/ yoga mat
Vegetarian cuisine – participants may be asked to assist by bringing some prepared food and overseeing food preparation.
Please indicate to organisers whether you need or can offer transport. It is suggested that you contribute to fuel costs if you are given a lift.
Bookings can be made via google forms by clicking on this link