Groot Marico district
TRC is A Buddhist inspired, relatively new but developing, healing center based in a rural location 25 klms from Groot Marico . It welcomes people of no or other faiths.
The center is situated in what was once a small farming community in a wooded valley watered by streams. It is located on several adjoining small farms on 280 hectares of land.
There are 4 main areas of interest/activity
- Hosting and supporting healing therapy events and functions including Tara Rokpa Therapy
- Supporting activities for spiritual growth and enquiry – mainly hosting Buddhist based mindfulness and meditation retreats with both local and international facilitators
- Environmental care and protection activities with a focus on environmentally friendly buildings, with hopes of future development of permaculture activites including growing of organic food, and medicinal herbs and planned alien tree removal
- Community support activities for both the local disadvantaged community and hopefully life skill training activities for disadvantaged youths in the future. At present the main activity is supporting a small local crèche.
As well as offering formal activities facilities are available for hire for either individuals , families or larger groups . It suits people wishing for peace and quiet away from urban activity.
- 5 self catering farm houses/cottages for private hire
- Main complex – original farmhouse housing the office , a large meeting room , large kitchen/large covered dining area
- Large octagonal meeting room
- Space and limited facilities for camping
- ( The complex can accommodate groups of up to 50- people)
Prices on request.
Possible local activities :
Bush walking in a relatively unspoiled area with abundant trees and birds, mountain biking on small roads or across country for the more adventurous. or just catching up on much needed rest and relaxation .
Those wishing to explore the Marico Bosveld . can visit Die Oog to swim in clear lily filled water , sample the famous local fire water on various ‘Mampoer’ tours , or go on game drives on local private game farms amongst other bosveld activities.
The center is a registered NPO. It is guided by Akong Tulku Rinpoche a Tibetan Doctor and Spiritual Master and president of Rokpa International a Humanitarian aid organization.
It is managed locally by a small group of dedicated volunteers.
Tara Rokpa Centre, Kuilfontein, Groot Marico District.
Postal address Box 1115, Zeerust, 2865
E mail firstname.lastname@example.org ( The best form of communication)
Tel: 014252 ask for 1830 ( A challenging party line)
sms only 082 8268688